Board Petitions & Qualifications
Interested in running for a seat on the Board of Education?
Board of Education elections are held during the annual budget vote. Details about the election will be shared. The Board meets the first and third Monday of each month.
Section 2:25: What are the qualifications for membership on a school board?
To qualify for membership on a school board in a common, union free, central, central high school or small city school district, an individual:
- Must be able to read and write
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family
- May not be a current employee of the school board
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office
Running for the School Board: What All Prospective School Board Members Should Know: https://www.nyssba.org/member-services/running-for-the-school-board/
For further information, call District Clerk Maureen Farrell at (845) 615-6720.
Board of Education Links
Members for 2023-24
Tom Loftus, president
Brett Weeden, vice president
Email the Board
To contact the Board of Education, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.