The Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) department is responsible for the evaluation, placement, and service provision of and for students with disabilities as defined by the Part 200 of the Commissioner’s Regulations and IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act). This act mandates a free and appropriate education in the least restrictive environment.
The Committee on Preschool Special Education, English as a Second Language services, tutoring services, health-related services, social worker services, psychological services, speech and language services, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and registration are governed and coordinated through the PPS Office.
Committee on Preschool Special Education
The Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) is designed to serve youngsters between 3-5 years of age. The committee is comprised of a special education administrator, a parent of a handicapped child, the evaluator of the child, and an Orange County representative.
The function of the committee is to determine if handicapping conditions exist, and to make recommendations to the Goshen Central Schools Board of Education regarding special education placement and/or related services. All information is kept confidential and is accessible only with parental permission.
Pupil Personnel Links
- ACCES-Adult Career and Continuing Education
- Annual Review Resources
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Hudson Valley Special Education Center
- Orange-Ulster BOCES
- OSERS: U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
- Parent’s Guide to Special Education in English
- Parent’s Guide to Special Education in Spanish
- Part 200 and 201 Regulations of the Commissioner of Education
- Part B- Procedural Safeguard Notice in English
- Part B- Procedural Safeguard Notice in Spanish
- Testing Accommodations for Students with Disabilities