Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources and Information

The Goshen Central School District is CLOSED until April 14 because of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 public health situation. View the latest updates and information (in English and Spanish) including remote learning resources, exam information, meal distribution plan and more by visiting the Coronavirus/COVID-19 web page. This page will be updated frequently so please check back often.

Board Petitions & Qualifications

Interested in running for a seat on the Board of Education?

Board of Education elections are held during the annual budget vote, on the third Tuesday in May. Petitions may be picked up from the district clerk at the Main Street Administration Building, 227 Main Street, Goshen.

NOTE: During to the extended school closure, please download the nomination petition and campaign expenditure forms below:

Candidate Nomination Petition
Campaign Expenditure Statement 

The Board meets the first and third Monday of each month.

Section 2:25: What are the qualifications from membership on a school board?

To qualify for membership on a school board in a common, union free, central, central high school or small city school district, an individual:

  • Must be able to read and write
  • Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent
  • Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election
  • May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year
  • May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family
  • May not be a current employee of the school board
  • May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office

Running for the School Board: What All Prospective School Board Members Should Know:

For further information, call District Clerk Maureen Farrell at (845) 615-6720.