Please note the following vaccination requirements for the 2023-2024 school year:
- Incoming 12th graders who have not had their second meningococcal vaccine have until 9/20 to receive it in order to attend school
- Incoming 6th graders who have turned 11 require a Tdap vaccine by 9/20 in order to attend school. Students who have not yet turned age 11 when entering 6th grade have 14 days from their birthday to get vaccinated.
- Incoming 7th graders who have not had their meningococcal vaccine have until 9/20 in order to attend school.
Additionally, the New York State Department of Education requires a physical exam for:
- new entrants to the school district;
- students in Grades Pre-K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 & 11;
- interscholastic sports (annually);
- working papers as needed; or
- as required by the Committee on Special Education (CSE) or Committee on Pre-School Special Education (CPSE).
NOTE: All students in grades Pre-K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11 require a physical, dated from 9/6/2022 to the present, as mandated by NYS. This is required within the first 30 days of school or by 10/6/2023. If you have an appointment scheduled after 10/6/2023, please call or email the health office with the date of your child’s appointment.
Uninsured families can call the Orange County Department of Health at 845-291-2330 for assistance. If your family physician is unable to schedule an appointment in time to meet the required deadline, please contact the school nurse as soon as possible.