The Goshen Central School District uses the SchoolMessenger Notification System to provide timely communications to Goshen parents/guardians and employees via phone calls, emails and text messages.
Verify your contact information
Information for Parents/Guardians
SchoolMessenger uses the contact information that parents/guardians have on file with the district through School Tool to send you notifications. To verify your contact information, log into your School Tool/Parent Portal account.
- If you are not registered for a School Tool/Parent Portal account, and wish to register, visit the School Tool/Parent Portal page to register.
- If you are registered for a School Tool/Parent Portal account, but do not know your username and password, contact your child’s guidance counselor (CJH and GHS) or school main office (SAS and GIS).
- If your contact information is incorrect in Parent Portal, visit the School Tool/Parent Portal page to update your information.
Information for District Employees
SchoolMessenger uses the contact information that employees have on file with the district through nVision. Please note that district employees may only use their district email address for SchoolMessenger – they can not use a personal email address.
To verify your contact information:
- Review your contact information by visiting the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com or downloading the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter app onto your smart phone. (See below for information on how to sign up).
- If you are missing contact information in InfoCenter, contact your school’s main office to fill out the necessary form and return it to your school secretary.
- If updates are needed, the school secretary will ensure that the appropriate changes are made.
Create your contact preference profile with InfoCenter
InfoCenter allows parents/guardians and employees to control how they’d like to be contacted, and also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed. Signing up is easy – using the email address that you have on file with the district, follow these three steps:
- Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. Be sure to select the InfoCenter app, NOT the Admin app. If you’d prefer to sign up via computer, visit https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com
- Click the New User button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
- After authenticating via the token sent to your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
- You can receive SchoolMessenger alerts WITHOUT being signed up for InfoCenter. Many people assume that if they are receiving alerts, then they are already signed up. That is not true. Signing up is the first step to choosing your notification preferences. You must sign up before you can log in.
- Each parent/guardian who has contact information on file with the district will need to sign up/log into his/her own InfoCenter account to make changes to his/her notification preferences.
- It’s best to sign up for InfoCenter as soon as possible so that you will how you will receive alerts in the future. The district can not make notification changes for you. For example, if you do not wish to receive a phone call on snow days, you must sign up/log into your InfoCenter account to change how you are receiving weather alerts.
Sign up for text messages
If you are not receiving text messages and wish to receive them, follow these steps:
- Verify your contact information in InfoCenter to make sure your cell phone number is correctly listed.
- If your cell phone number is listed correctly in InfoCenter, text subscribe to 67587 to receive texts.
- If your cell phone number is not listed, or is listed incorrectly, follow the steps above under Verify Your Contact Information.
- If you’d like to unsubscribe from text messages, text stop to 67587.