The Goshen Intermediate School PTO is an active organization set up to carry out both educational and fun activities for students during the school year. Parents, Faculty and Staff are encouraged to join the PTO and become involved with some of the many committees we have.
GIS PTO Goals:
- Advocate for students and families
- Create a welcoming community within our schools
- Update parents and families about the school and happenings
- Plan and run activities for families and students within the school
- Be inclusive and drive equity
Join the PTO!
Joining is as easy as filling out a form! Membership is the first chance for families to enhance their child’s GIS experience and a great way to be involved in your child’s school. Our $6 membership dues give us a running start to setting up our events and activities for the year. Becoming a member allows you to vote at meetings on PTO issues such as our operating budget and what activities the PTO should sponsor.
Volunteering is not a requirement, but it could mean the difference between holding and canceling a PTO event. Whether it’s an hour or an entire day, the time you give to volunteering for our activities is always important and appreciated.
Who can join?
- Parents, step-parents, and legal guardians
- Foster parents
- Persons in parental relation
- Teachers, administrators, and school staff
NEW FOR 2022-23: Greatness Speaker Series at 6 p.m. before the start of each PTO meeting!
The PTO hosts monthly meetings throughout the school year. All are invited to attend and share their ideas. Children are welcome with attending adults. Online meeting invite to be emailed to GIS PTO members the day of meeting.
Meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- Sept. 15, 2022
- Oct. 20, 2022
- Nov. 17, 2022
- Dec. 15, 2022
- Jan. 19, 2023
- Feb. 16, 2023
- March 16, 2023
- April 20, 2023
- May 18, 2023
- June 15, 2022
- July 2023: TBD
- August 2023: TBD
Meetings are subject to change.
Ways to be involved
- Join the PTO!
- Attend 1 meeting or 10 meetings, in person or online
- Join a committee and help plan an event
- Volunteer 1 hour or 100 hours
- Work the school store.
- Donate funds, materials, or time.
- NEW! Be our VIPTO (Class Parent)