On February 28, 2017, Goshen Central School District residents approved a $30.48 million capital improvement project that will help create 21st century learning environments, address safety and security, modernize the performing arts program and auditorium and upgrade the athletic facilities at Goshen High School. Construction will likely begin in June 2018 and will take approximately 11-16 months to complete.
As the district moves forward in implementing the capital project plans, updates will be posted to this page.
Capital Project News
- First stages of capital project underway
- District, community celebrate groundbreaking for capital project
- Board of Education approves bids for capital improvement project
- Tree removal to begin at GHS to prepare for new addition
- Capital Improvement Project moving forward on schedule
Highlights of the Capital Improvement Project
The capital improvement project focuses mainly at Goshen High School and includes site improvements, renovations and additions, as well as improvements to district-wide information technology (IT) infrastructure, without impacting the tax levy.
Please note: The market and contractors’ bids may affect the final outcome of the capital improvement project. It is important to know that school districts cannot spend above the bond amount approved by voters – $30,483,850. If costs begin to exceed those estimated once work begins, the scope of the project must be reduced accordingly.
- 15,000 square-foot addition that will provide four new classrooms, centralized administrative offices, and a security vestibule at the front entrance.
- Five additional interior classrooms (for a total of 9). Two will be dedicated to special education.
- New STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math) Lab and Suite.
- Music department upgrades including a renovated choral room and department office, new practice rooms, and upgraded seating, acoustics and lighting in the auditorium.
- Athletic upgrades that include a new artificial multi-use turf athletic field with 8-lane track and lighting (to replace existing track and football field) and 1,500 seat bleachers, concession stand, team locker rooms, training room, storage rooms and bathrooms.
- New bus loop and parking lot to provide safer drop-off patterns for buses, students, parents and visitors.
- 464 square-foot kitchen addition that will improve the efficiency of the cafeteria serving line and the overall layout of the cafeteria.
- Repaired sidewalks, curbs and parking lot in front of ‘A’ wing.
- Repaired sidewalk from Scotchtown Avenue Elementary School to new bus loop at the high school.
- Original window and locker replacement.
- HVAC upgrades.
- New fire alarm system.
- Roof repairs.
- New wall partitions between the A wing classrooms.
- District-wide IT infrastructure upgrades including improved high speed broadband and wireless connectivity throughout the district and a VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) phone system.