Winter weather is upon us and it’s important that our families know where to look in case of a school closing, delay or early dismissal due to inclement weather conditions.
How does the district share weather-related information?
Closings, delays and early dismissal information will be posted on the district home page and the Closings & Delays page.
Parents/guardians and employees are notified via recorded telephone messages, emails and text message via the Weather Related Delays/Cancellations alert. Please note:
- It is up to the individual to ensure that they receive the appropriate alerts. Users must have the correct contact information on file with the district and set up their individual InfoCenter account. Visit the SchoolMessenger page for more information.
- Text “Subscribe” to 67587 to ensure that you receive text message alerts.
Local radio stations
Weather-related information will be shared on the following radio stations:
- WHUD 100.7 FM
- WALL 1340 AM
- WRRV 92.7 FM
- WGNY 103.1 FM
Other important information
- Power outages may affect the district’s weather-related notification systems. Please check with multiple channels to see if schools are closed or delayed.
- Please do not call the bus garage about closings. It’s critical that these phone lines remain open during inclement weather.
- Please ensure that your contact information is correct with the district. Visit the SchoolMessenger page for details.