The GIS Grade 5 Moving Up Ceremonies will be held June 16 in the GIS auditorium. Please note the following update as per updated guidance from Governor Cuomo pertaining to COVID-19:
- In addition to the two adults per family, siblings may now attend the ceremony. The 2 adult limit will remain in effect due to the limited time for additional planning.
- Masks will be required for unvaccinated individuals, including all students.
- Families will sign in at the doors as in normal years.
- We will be following the honor system method of vaccination status, as offered by NYS.
- Seating will no longer be assigned seats, and social distancing between families is no longer required. We will include socially distanced seating behind the regular auditorium seating still.
To accommodate restrictions due to COVID-19, the following procedures are in place:
- Each ceremony will be LiveStreamed for additional guests to still be a part of this special day.
- Guest entry will begin about 25 minutes prior to each ceremony.
The ceremony is split into 5 sessions as per the schedule that was emailed to families. Included in the schedule are details on drop off times and locations. Students must be dropped off at the front entrance and proceed to their classroom. Guests should park and enter near the cafeteria to be signed in.
Immediately after the ceremony ends, students will return with their teacher to the classroom, gather their gifts from the PTO, and will be signed out by the teacher at the indicated exits. Guests must exit from the cafeteria doors and proceed to the designated pickup locations. We ask you to follow this schedule as closely as possible to avoid overlap of families from multiple sessions.