In order to better accommodate public comments via Privilege of the Floor, the Board is asking community members to submit their comments via the Board Meeting Public Comment Google Form. Submissions will be read by the Board President during the livestreamed Board meeting.*
This form will replace community members “calling in” via Zoom to comment, as with the last Board of Education meeting on March 1. This decision is based on feedback from the community about technology and accessibility issues.
If you would like to comment, please submit your comment by noon the day of the Board meeting. The agenda for upcoming meetings are posted the Friday before and can be found here: https://go.boarddocs.com/ny/gcsny/Board.nsf/Public
Please be aware that the Board members and the Superintendent typically do not respond to statements at the Board meeting. Responses to questions or concerns are provided at the subsequent Board meeting.
The Public Comment Guidelines, per BOE policy, are as follows:
- Public comments should be related to agenda items.
- Under normal circumstances, speakers would be allotted three minutes per comment. This equates to approximately 450 words in writing.
- The total public comment period is limited to 30 minutes.
- Please limit comments to one representative per organization or group.
- Although the Board of Education welcomes comments about programs offered by the District and the efforts of its staff, the discussion of matters relating to specific individuals is expressly prohibited.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
View the Board Meeting Public Comment Google Form: https://forms.gle/VWB46TffxcFeARRd7
*At this time, Board of Education meetings are held remotely in accordance with Governor Cuomo’s March 12, 2020, Executive Order No. 202.1, which temporarily suspended those sections of the Open Meetings Law requiring in-person access to public meetings.