Today, district officials were notified that a C. J Hooker Middle School student and a Goshen High School student both tested positive for COVID-19.
Both students have not been in school since before Thanksgiving break, therefore there is no risk of exposure to other students/employees in school.
Please note that The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other privacy laws restrict us from disclosing or confirming any personally identifiable information. We cannot identify anyone who has tested positive.
Please remember that we can help stop the spread by following the guidance of the Orange County Department of Health:
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available.
- Practice social distancing.
- Avoid small group gatherings and activities.
- Wear a face mask.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Call your primary care physician if you display symptoms of COVID-19.
- Follow any quarantine instructions you may receive from the OCDOH. When you are in quarantine, it means you are to stay home and separate yourselves from others for 14 days.
Please join me in wishing a quick recovery to our unwell Goshen family members.
Daniel T. Connor
Superintendent of Schools