On November 18, the Goshen Central School District was notified that a staff member at Goshen High School has tested positive for COVID-19. The individual does not work directly with students and officials at the Orange County Department of Health do not consider any risk of exposure to students.
Individuals who are at risk of exposure should expect a call from high school staff members tonight who will inform them of the exposure and remind them to stay home from school, and then expect a call from the Orange County Department of Health who will provide detailed instructions about self-quarantine and other health-related instructions.
Please note that The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other privacy laws restrict us from disclosing or confirming any personally identifiable information. We cannot identify anyone who has tested positive.
- We continue to work closely with the Orange County Department of Health and follow their guidance on how to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment. If you have questions or concerns, please contact your building administrators.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wear a face mask.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Call your primary care physician if you display symptoms of COVID-19.
- Follow any quarantine instructions you may receive from the OCDOH. When you are in quarantine, it means you are to stay home and separate yourselves from others for 14 days.
Please be well. Once again, please join me in wishing a speedy and full recovery to our unwell Goshen family members.
Superintendent of Schools