The Goshen High School will begin off-season conditioning for interscholastic athletics on Tuesday, October 13. Activities will take place outdoors at the high school. At this time, there are no indoor conditioning activities.
Off-season conditioning is optional and not mandatory for high school student-athletes. Activities will be led by volunteer coaches of fall, winter and spring sports teams.
According to the Director of Athletics, Dr. Matthew O’Brien, off-season conditioning will provide students with a safe opportunity to be physically active for overall wellness, acclimate their bodies to the level of fitness required for their sport(s), and reconnect with their teammates, peers and coaches.
Please note the following guidelines as required by the New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) and the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH).
- All coaches and students are required to participate in a daily screening including a temperature check and screening questionnaire (this is separate from the district’s Mandatory Daily COVID-19 Attestation Screening).
- A minimum of six feet of distance between individuals is required at all times unless for safety reasons or the core activity itself requires a shorter distance.
- All individuals are required to wear a face covering when social distancing is unable to be maintained.
- All individuals who are not directly engaged in physical activity must wear a face covering.
- All individuals are required to use hand sanitizer before, during and after each workout.
- Participants should not share equipment unless it can be disinfected between each use.
- Participants must bring their own clothing, water, etc. and not share items with others.
Please note that locker rooms and transportation will not be provided to participants of off-season conditioning. It is also important to note that off-season conditioning is open to students and coaches only; spectators and visitors are not permitted to attend.
If you have questions, please contact Director of Athletics Dr. Matthew O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-6161.