The 2020-21 school year is around the corner and it’s more important than ever for parents and guardians to make sure that their correct contact information is on file with the district. Please take a few minutes to ensure that we can easily contact you.
Verify your contact information with Parent Portal
Parents and guardians can verify their contact information by logging into SchoolTool/Parent Portal. Parent Portal allows parents and guardians to securely view information online about their student, such as report card grades and emergency contact information.
It is vital that parents and guardians confirm that their correct contact information, such as cell phone, address and email addresses, are on file with the district.
If you are not registered for SchoolTool/Parent Portal or have trouble logging in, visit www.gcsny.org/parentportal.
Select your notifications with SchoolMessenger
The Goshen Central School District uses the SchoolMessenger Notification System to provide timely communications to Goshen parents/guardians and employees via phone calls, emails and text messages. This is especially important during urgent situations, such as school closings or crisis situations.
In order for the system to be successful, parents/guardians MUST ensure the following:
- The contact information they have on file with the district is correct (see above about Parent Portal), and
- They have selected which types of messages they’d like to receive.
Select which type of messages you’d like to receive
It’s up to parents/guardians to choose HOW they’d like to receive SchoolMessenger notifications. SchoolMessenger’s InfoCenter lets you control how you’d like to be contacted and works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed.
Each parent/guardian will need to sign up for or log into InfoCenter to change his/her own notification preferences.
The district cannot “add you to a list” or do this for you – each parent/guardian is responsible for selecting his own preferences. Signing up is easy – using the email address that you have on file with the district, follow these three steps:
- Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. Be sure to select the InfoCenter app, NOT the Admin app. If you’d prefer to sign up via computer, visit https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com
- Click the New User button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
- After authenticating via the token sent to your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
For more information about InfoCenter, visit www.gcsny.org/schoolmessenger.
Please note that each type of message – texts, phone calls and e-mails – are individual notifications. If the district sends out an e-mail about an upcoming fundraiser, and you did not select to receive e-mails, you will not get a notification. It will not translate into a text or phone call.
Questions? Please Contact Public Information Specialist Christina Gore at firstname.lastname@example.org.