Dear K-5 Goshen Families,
As we wrap-up the 2019-2020 school year, there are some important details that need to be followed to ensure a successful conclusion and closure to school. Please note the following.
- The last day for remote learning will be Monday, June 15
- June 11 & June 12 will be used to collect school materials — Read below for details.
- Chromebooks will not be returned until September 2020 or further notice.
- Report cards will be available through SchoolTool Parent Portal beginning June 23 and additional comments will be emailed to the address on file.
We will collect all school and classroom materials on June 11 & 12 during the designated times in the bus lane outside of each school. All school and classroom materials include all items that are currently in your possession that is the property of the school district. Items include but are not limited: textbooks, library books, supplemental reading books, classroom materials, calculators, locks, etc.
We are asking all students to place all school and classroom materials in a bag and label with a piece of tape the students’ name and current grade level (we will have tape at the school if you need those supplies). Please place library books separately in the appropriately marked bin.
- Place all school and classroom materials in a bag and label with a piece of tape the students’ names, teacher name, and current grade level.
- Library books will remain separate from classroom supplies.
- Instruments rented from The Music Shop will be accepted to be picked up at the school.
- If you would like to drop off thank you notes or cards we will be sure the teachers receive those.
- Faculty will be on the curb to accept all items from your vehicle.
We are asking that you follow the time schedule below when returning items. We can accommodate students from the same family to drop items all at once if need be. We would like to follow the outlined times, but we will accept materials anytime on June 11 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. or June 12 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. if the scheduled times do not fit your personal schedule. If you cannot make it up to the school on June 11 or 12 during these times, then please email the building principal to arrange alternative plans.
A special event will take place for second and fifth graders on June 12. Below you will find schedules by class for the students to arrive at the school to drop off materials and be offered some recognition for completing their time at each school. We ask that only immediate family attend this and all social distancing practices remain in effect. It will be a perfect time to take photos and we hope it provides some well-earned recognition.
Scotchtown Avenue School
- Grades Kindergarten and First: June 11, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Grade 2: June 12, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (see the below schedule by class)
- Mrs. Castellane & Mrs. D’Addio: 10-11 a.m.
- Mrs. Herring & Mrs. McEnery/Diaz : 11 a.m.- 12 p.m.
- Mrs. Karchawer & Mrs. Kuttler: 12-1 p.m.
- Mrs. Mullane & Mrs. Winship & Mrs. Vaughan: 1-2 p.m.
Goshen Intermediate School
- Grades 3 & 4, June 11: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Grade 5, June 12: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (see the below schedule by class)
- Mrs. Antisin & Mrs. Neil: 10-11 a.m.
- Mrs. Atkin & Mrs. Penner: 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Mrs. Gonzalez & Mrs. Slicker: 12-1 p.m.
- Mrs. Kropp & Mrs. Tirado: 1-2 p.m.
- Mrs. Hernandez, Mrs. Piaqadio, & Mrs. Zani : 2-3 p.m.
Please note, rental instruments can be dropped off at the side door, near the nurse’s office. They will be picked up by The Music Shop by 4 p.m. on Friday. Alternatively, you may contact The Music Shop to arrange for the return of your instrument directly to them.
If you missed the student material pickup, please complete the Google forms below to let us know and we will place the belongings outside on June 11 and 12 to be picked up.
We thank you again for your patience and cooperation.
SAS Principal Henry Freedman
GIS Principal Matthew Wentworth
SAS/GIS Assistant Principal Nancy Mesic