Fifty-eight Goshen students were honored for their achievements during the 30th Annual SUNY Orange Sojourner Truth Awards ceremony, on March 6. Our middle and high school honorees were cheered by accompanying school administrators, faculty, and family members.
The Sojourner Truth Awards celebrate the cultural diversity of Orange County youth, recognize the accomplishments of students, and empower them to pursue their education goals. Honorees are nominated by their teachers in a variety of categories.
CJ Hooker Middle School Honorees by Achievement Category
- Citizenship: Nayma Ac Flores, Santos Avila, Nicasandra Chan, Tyson Clark, Jacob Cortes, Yoelis DeLaCruz, Joshua Dornfest, Samaiya Duvivier, Jacob Duzdevich, Jovani Duzdevich, Chelsea Galvan-Reyes, Yunelsie Galvan-Reyes, Melany Garrido, Gabriella Hernandez-Martinez, Aina Jacob, Laila Logan, Juan Marin, Raul Marin, Arianna Martin, Elizabeth Martinez, Mary Mott, Julia Radjenovic, Katherine Ramos, Amya Roach Long, Camilla Santos, Camila Trujana-Lopez, Sabrina Velez, Jaedden Waldo, Amber Wanzer, Brittany Zamora, Suri Zamora
- English Language Arts: Angelina Celio, Briana Lumezi, Savanna Martinez
- Foreign Languages: Nicholas Gue
- Mathematics: Ivanka Aldana, Henzi Bonilla, Ezra DeFoor, Yamen Ghaly, Daniel Lorenc, Christopher Rubiera, Sean Thomas, Elizabeth Ukejianyo
- Perseverance/Effort: Elianna Muslim, Anee Patel Pogoda, Alexa Rosario, Andre Sorice
- Sciences: Jay Rodriguez, Joseline Sandoval
Goshen High School Honorees by Achievement Category
- Creative Arts: Elijah Paneto, James Rodriguez, Kalil Thomas
- Foreign Languages: Candace Jones
- Mathematics: Sheryl Jeanty
- Perseverance/Effort: Katleen Bricourt, Elijah Lopez, Selena Martinez-Castillo
- Sciences: Gabrielle Joseph
Congratulations to all!