Goshen Science Olympiad’s two senior teams competed in the New York State Mid-Hudson Division C Regional Tournament at John Jay High School on Saturday, February 8.
The teams placed third and fourteenth overall; the third place team will advance to the New York State Competition in Syracuse March 13-14. This is the first time a Goshen team will compete at the state level since 2012.
Team members earned 20 medals at the regional competition:
- Arun Foster and Jack Moran: second place, Boomilever
- Ben Pahucki and Andrew Hablow: second place, Dynamic Planet
- Ben Pahucki and Andrew Hablow: second place, Geologic Mapping
- Jason Barnes and Ryan Hludzinski: second place, Gravity Vehicle
- Kapil Foster and Hannah Yeddu: third place, Anatomy & Physiology
- Arun Foster, Alex Mistretta and Ryan Mistretta: third place, Experimental Design
- Myra Arif and Anya Malhotra: third place, Forensics
- Melissa Moore and Jack Moran: third place, Fossils
- AJ Bauer and Jehan Beg: third place, Ping Pong Parachute
- Myra Arif, Anya Malhotra and Ryan Mistretta: third place, Protein Modeling
- Ben Pahucki and Hannah Yeddu: third place, Sounds of Music
- Jason Barnes and Andrew Hablow: fourth place, Circuit Lab
- Arun Foster and Alex Mistretta: fourth place, Detector Building
- Jason Barnes and Alex Mistretta: fourth place, Machines
- Andrew Hablow and Ryan Mistretta: fourth place, Ping Pong Parachute
- Melissa Moore and Jack Moran: fifth place, Ornithology
- Eve Doyle and Stephanie Gyrla: sixth place, Astronomy
- Myra Arif and Jason Barnes: sixth place, Designer Genes
- Ryan Hludzinski and Ben Pahucki: seventh place, Astronomy
- Eve Doyle and Stephanie Gyrla: seventh place, Ornithology
- Kapil Foster and Hannah Yeddu: seventh place, Water Quality
Science Olympiad is dedicated to improving the quality of science education by encouraging students to explore topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, epidemiology, computer science and engineering.
The teams are led by Coach Becky DenDanto and assistant coaches Laura Muller, Roseanne Lesser, Laura Macginitie, Christina Pahucki, Warren Young and parent and community volunteers. Learn more about Goshen Science Olympiad by visiting their website.