Taking the Advanced Placement exams is an important part of all AP courses. Goshen Central High School requires that all students take AP exams for each of their Advanced Placement classes. Scoring well on an AP exam can often earn students college credit for their high school class, saving a significant amount on tuition.
For the 2020 AP exams, students will register online. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access.
This year each AP exam costs $98. Students requiring financial assistance should contact Guidance Counselor James McLoughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Guidance Office to learn more.
Online Exam registration has started and will end on Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. It is recommended that students order their exams by November 15 to avoid a late payment. Register for the AP exams here.
To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the pdf of the confirmation page that is provided at the end. We know that parents may desire to register their students for exams. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered.
Goshen Central High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have a credit card or debit card available before beginning registration. Paying online is a great way to make sure that payment has been made while avoiding mailing payment.
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
- November 15, 2019 at 11:59 PM – Registrations and payments after this date will incur a $40 late fee per exam.
- November 15, 2019 – Last day to cancel an exam and receive a full refund.
- January 5, 2020 at 11:59 PM – Registration Ends
- January 8, 2020 at 11:59 PM – Registrations that have not been paid for will be cancelled, exams will not be ordered and the student’s transcript will not reflect Advanced Placement (AP). It will be recorded as a non AP class that is not weighted.
- January 31, 2020 – Last day to cancel an exam with a cancellation fee of $40.00.
Please contact James McLoughlin if you would like to register for an exam that is not listed or if have any questions.