Welcome to a new year at C.J. Hooker Middle School! I hope that the summer months have provided you with some rest, relaxation, and an opportunity to rejuvenate. I am excited to begin the 2019-2020 school year and look forward to you and your family joining us as we strive toward excellence.
Parents are encouraged to refer to our Weekly Parent Roundup that is posted under Middle School Links on the CJH page of the district website every Thursday. The Roundup offers a weekly “Cliff Notes” version of all the school activities for that week. View the Weekly Parent Roundup page.
School Messenger is an email and text message alert system where parents can sign up to receive e-mail and/or text message alerts from the district. To sign up for School Messenger, visit the SchoolMessenger page and follow the steps to create a profile. Users can change alerts or unsubscribe at any time.
Please make a note of the following items as they pertain to you:
- The Middle School day will start at 7:30 a.m., and dismissal will begin at approximately 2:28 p.m. All students must be in their classrooms by 7:42 a.m.
- Letters will be mailed to students informing them of their homeroom assignment; students will receive their complete schedules on the first day of school.
- Our 6th Grade Parent Orientation will take place on Tuesday, September 17 at 6:30 p.m. The AIS presentation will begin at 6 p.m. in the Auditorium.
- 7th and 8th Grade Parent Orientation will take place on Thursday, September 19 at 6:30 p.m. The AIS presentation will begin at 6 p.m. in the Auditorium.
- Our first PTO meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 18 at 6 p.m.
We are working hard to get the building ready for your children and I am excited to welcome all students back to school on Wednesday, September 4! CJH is an amazing school and I know our new families and incoming 6th grade students will love being a part of our learning community. Our school has a caring and hardworking staff that truly desires to help each child reach his or her potential.
If you have any questions related to school policy and procedures, schedules, etc., please feel free to notify the main office at (845) 615-6300, check our school website via www.gcsny.org or email me at email@example.com.
It’s going to be a phenomenal year and I look forward to meeting and working with all of you very soon. Enjoy the rest of the summer!
It’s great to be a Gladiator!
Heather L. Carman