The Goshen High School recently honored eight students as Goshen Greats. The Goshen Greats program recognizes the unique achievements of one student from each major discipline each quarter. Students are nominated by their teachers for accomplishments that are benchmarks in their academic career or demonstrate school leadership.
The Goshen Greats and their families were invited to a breakfast held in the cafeteria in their honor, prepared by Family and Consumer Science Teacher Lisa Dombrowski, where they were given certificates of achievement.
The Goshen Greats are:
- Saquaya Hilton, nominated by Guidance Counselor Laura Dubatowka for her achievements in overall academic success.
- Magdalen Larsen, nominated by Social Studies Teachers Michael Isseks and Robert Karchawer for her accomplishments in scholarship, leadership and service.
- Emma Smith, nominated by English Teacher Theresa Baker for her accomplishments in SUNY Orange English.
- Angeliki Lyrintzis, nominated by Science Teacher Sharon Woelfel for her accomplishments in Earth Science.
- Emma Wapshare, nominated by Health Teacher Kiersten Swayne for her accomplishments in Health 10.
- Treasure Welle, nominated by Science Teacher Laura MacGinitie for her accomplishments in Physics.
- Jadel Estiverne, nominated by Foreign Language Teacher Jeri Krish for her accomplishments in French II.
- Isabella Leva, nominated by Math Teacher Jason Miedema for her accomplishments in Geometry B.