The Goshen High School recently honored nine students as Goshen Greats. The Goshen Greats program recognizes the unique achievements of one student from each major discipline each quarter. Students are nominated by their teachers for accomplishments that are benchmarks in their academic career or demonstrate school leadership.
The Goshen Greats and their families were invited to a breakfast held in the cafeteria in their honor, prepared by Family and Consumer Science Teacher Lisa Dombrowski, where they were given certificates of achievement.
The Goshen Greats are:
- Gwenyth Aitchison, nominated by Social Studies Teacher Mike Kelly for her accomplishments in Global History 10.
- Pauline Archer, nominated by Science Teacher Joseph LeBlanc for her accomplishments in Earth Science.
- Chelsea Baez, nominated by Math Teacher Dominique Meyers for her accomplishments in Geometry.
- Giovanna Casagrande, nominated by Foregin Language Teacher Marisol Paneto for her accomplishments in Spanish I.
- Nelson Colon, nominated by Guidance Counselor Lizbeth Criscenzo for his accomplishments on the Regents Exams.
- Ana Cortez, nominated by English Teacher Jennifer Viscardo for her accomplishments in English II.
- Adriana Esposito, nominated by Business Education Teacher Danielle Linguanti for her accomplishments in Business Math.
- Brent Gelhaus, nominated by Social Studies Teacher Charles Rivera for his accomplishments in Global History 10.
- Denisse Romero, nominated by Health Teacher Joseph Manaseri for her accomplishments in First Aid/CPR/Stress Management/Lifetime Recreation.
Photos by Marie Jane Panzer