The Orange County Department of Mental Health will host a parent training, “Parenting Difficult Behaviors,” from 1:30-4:30 p.m. March 27 at the Orange County Department of Health, 30 Harriman Drive, Goshen. Registration begins at 1:15 p.m.
The training will focus on understanding and addressing child/teen negative behaviors. Topics include:
- Analyzing patterns of behavior
- Establishing goals for behavior change and support
- Implementing prevention strategies in a family environment
- Dealing with problem behavior
- Modifying strategies over time
- Working with your child’s team and generalizing improvements in different settings
This free training is for parents, caregivers and/or staff members who work with children and/or teens experiencing challenging behaviors at home. Child care is not available.
Click here to register online. Click on special events to choose this training.