The Goshen High School recently honored 13 students as Goshen Greats. The Goshen Greats program recognizes the unique achievements of one student from each major discipline each quarter. Students are nominated by their teachers for accomplishments that are benchmarks in their academic career or demonstrate school leadership.
The Goshen Greats and their families were invited to a breakfast held in the cafeteria in their honor, prepared by Family and Consumer Science Teacher Lisa Bellotto and sophomore Marisa Lombardi, where they were given certificates of achievement.
The Goshen Greats are:
- Siv Borge, nominated by Social Studies Teacher Carmina Villegas for her accomplishments in AP World History 9
- Madilyn Bunzey, nominated by Physical Education Teacher Michael Tangney for her accomplishments in freshmen physical education
- Samantha Dayson, nominated by English Teacher Theresa Baker for her accomplishments in SUNY Intro to Business
- Crysta Dykeman, nominated by Student Services Joseph Palancia for her accomplishments in overall academics
- Jarett Ebert, nominated by Social Studies Teacher Charles Rivera for his accomplishments in U.S. History
- Nicholas Grundig, nominated by Music Teacher Kristen Scully and Music Teaching Assistant Molly Lloyd for his accomplishments in Varsity Choir and Jazz Voices
- Nicole Healy, nominated by Family and Consumer Science Teacher Janice Marsiglio for her accomplishments in Fashion II
- Em’Press Jacobs, nominated by Academic Intervention Services Teacher Diane Winslow for her accomplishments in Academic Intervention Services
- Austin Krauss, nominated by Math Teacher Christina Maliwacki for his accomplishments in pre-calculus
- Rebecca Moore, nominated by English Teacher Theresa Baker for her accomplishments in SUNY Intro to Business
- Aiden Mullens, nominated by Technology Teacher Joseph Fedor for his accomplishments in stage production and design
- James Rodriguez, nominated by Science Teacher Lori Paulus for his accomplishments in Living Environment
- Shannon Toohey, nominated by Foreign Language Teacher Marisol Paneto for her accomplishments in Spanish II