The Goshen Central School District has eliminated paper flyers in an effort to reduce its carbon footprint and save the valuable time of office staff; therefore, printed flyers will no longer be sent home in students’ backpacks.
Going forward, activities and events will be publicized on the district website at the discretion of the superintendent of schools. Information from school groups, such as PTOs, extra-curricular activities, academic programs and departments, and athletic teams, will have their information posted on their respective school page.
Families can find activities and events from local, non-profit community organizations (such as cub scouts, girl scouts, Little League and the public library) on the website’s Community Events & Activities page. A “Quick Link” for this page will be added to each school home page and the district home page for easy access to information.
All information will be posted as a news article or brief; the district has reduced the number of PDFs on the website due to new guidelines under the American Disabilities Act.
Want to share your activity or event? Find out how!
School groups and community organizations must e-mail their flyer to Maureen Farrell, secretary to the superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All flyers must be approved by the superintendent before they are disseminated.
If you are a school group…
- Information will be posted on your school’s respective web page. Information will be posted as a news article or brief; no PDFs.
- Information will be e-mailed via SchoolMessenger to your respective school’s faculty and parents, if applicable. Flyers can be e-mailed as a PDF attachment.
- Information will be posted to the district Facebook and Twitter accounts.
If you are a local, non-profit community organization…
- Information will be posted on the Community Events & Activities webpage. Information will be posted as a news article or brief; no PDFs.
- SchoolMessenger e-mails and social media posts are not permitted.
If you have any questions, please contact Public Information Specialist Christina Gore at email@example.com.