Welcome to Goshen Schools! The Goshen Central School District welcomes all school-age students who reside in the district, and takes great pride in providing them with a high-quality education.
- You must make an appointment to register.
- Registration takes approximately 30-45 minutes for each student.
- A parent/legal guardian must be present at the time of registration.
- Bus Transportation will be arranged on the day of registration.
- Students in grades K-2 will be screened and will enter school as soon as possible. Grades 3-5 will be admitted into school after records are reviewed and tours will be arranged as needed. Grades 6 -8 will be contacted by the Middle School guidance office for an appointment to get their schedule and date to start school. For grades 9 -12, the registrar will confirm an appointment at the high school guidance office to review the grades/transcripts with the student and parent/guardian for accurate placement. No students will be admitted into school until all documents are in order and presented at registration.
Necessary forms and documents
The following documents are required to register a student into the Goshen Central School District:
1. Completed Online Registration Form
The district launched its new, more efficient online registration process in March 2018. Please note the following:
- It takes approximately 20-30 minutes to complete the online registration form.
- Once you start the online registration form, you must finish it in its entirety – it will not save.
- The online registration form must be completed or your child will not be officially registered, thus delaying the process.
- When the online registration form is complete, you will see a congratulatory screen with the Gladiator logo, so you’ll know you’re done.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact Registrar Mary Ellen DeVito at (845) 615-6767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Proof of residency
Utility bill, medical bill, auto insurance card, cable bill, bank statement, credit card bill, or post office verification card
3. Child’s birth certificate
You must provide your child’s original birth certificate with a raised seal for students entering kindergarten. A copy is sufficient for all other grades. If you do not have an original birth certificate, we will accept your child’s original baptismal certificate with a raised seal or a valid passport.
4. Health records/immunizations
An immunization record must be provided at registration. This must be signed or stamped by a licensed health care provider. A physical exam is required for all new students. If you need a Request for Religious Exemption to Immunization Form, please contact the Registrar at (845) 615-6767.
5. School records
Transcripts are required of all high school students; report cards are recommended for all other grade levels. If your child is classified with a disability, if possible, please submit any supporting documents and reports from the previous district.
6. Custody documents (if necessary)
If you are not the natural parent but have legal guardianship of the student, please provide us with the appropriate documents. If the ‘other parent’ has physical/primary custody, the secondary parent can not register this student without revised court papers indicating that person now has either joint custody or physical custody. If there are any other special circumstances such as name change, please bring those documents with you also.
7. Parent driver’s license
Students must be five years old on or before December 1 to start school in September of that year. There will be no exceptions.
Registration and screening for kindergarten students takes place at the Scotchtown Avenue Elementary School the spring before the child will attend. Dates will be announced. Appointments for eligible students are scheduled; parents are contacted via mail a few weeks prior to registration. Please contact the registration office to have your child’s name added to the mailing list.
After these dates, please call the registrar to schedule an appointment for any and all registrations. There is no cut off time for district resident students to enter.