The Annual School District Budget Vote and Board of Education Elections will be held from 6 a.m.-9 p.m. Tuesday, May 15, at the Main Street Building, 227 Main Street.
Headlines for the 2018-19 budget
- Board of Education petitions available
- Board of Education petitions due to district clerk by 5 p.m.
- Board of Education to adopt proposed budget
- Absentee ballots available
- Public budget hearing at Main Street, 7 p.m.
- Budget vote and Board of Education elections
Learn budget basics…watch this video!
2017-18 budget information
Budget vote results
- Total Budget: $69,733,196
- Spending Increase: 2.88%
- Tax Levy Increase: 2.89%
- Budget Vote Results: 868 yes votes, 302 no votes
- Bus Proposition Results (to purchase 6 school buses): 857 yes votes, 315 no votes
Capital Reserve Fund Proposition Results: 828 yes votes, 341 no votes
- Board of Education Election Results:
- Allison Salte: 961 votes, three-year term
- Thomas Mullane: 913 votes, three-year term
Equalized tax rate by towns for 2017-18
- Chester: $37.132098
- Goshen: $35.703939
- Hamptonburgh: $23.207703
- Wallkill: $109.263468
- Wawayanda: $33.879650