Please check back here often for information regarding ski club, including cancellations, date changes, and reminders.
Please note that we are changing times and dates from previous years. There will be 3 Fridays trips and 2 Wednesday Trips. Pick-up times on Fridays will be 9:10 and Pick-up times on Wednesdays will be 8:30.
We are trying out weekdays as a new option this year. We felt that 5 days would be too many school nights, but wanted to see how a couple weekdays would work as the slopes are much less crowded and we expect our students to get a lot more skiing in during these days. We felt that 8:30 was a more reasonable time to return on a weeknight and felt that the students would get at least as much skiing, and most likely more due to shorter lift lines. Please contact us with any questions.
CHECK BACK HERE FOR CANCELLATIONS, SCHEDULE CHANGES and REMINDERS.
1. Make sure your child has attended the Ski/Board Safety Meeting (held on Thursday, September 29, 2016). This is mandatory for any student planning on being part of the club. If they miss the safety meeting, they must see Ms. Haskel or Mr. LaMonica to get information and take the safety quiz.
2. Permission slip and $TBD for the bus turned in to the main office by Wednesday, November 16th. Make sure to fill out release form if you plan to pick your child up from the mountain. Extra informational packets and permission slips can be picked up at the main office. See links to the left of the page for all necessary information. Additional Permission slips can be downloaded from the link provided.
3. Click on “Parent Information & Email” located in the menu on the left of this page. Fill in your information to receive information and updates through your email.
4. Purchase lift tickets/season pass from Mountain Creek by November 28, 2016 to get group rates.
5. Sign Waivers (Available online at the Mountain Creek website – can be done electronically or printed and mailed in)
6. Sign up for Remind - click here for a PDF with directions
The Ski Club is open to 6th, 7th, and 8th graders who want to ski or snowboard. All levels from beginner to advanced are welcome.
3 Fridays and 2 Wednesdays during January and February.
The following are our scheduled five nights:
Students will board the buses at dismissal and will return between 9:00 and 9:15. We ask that all parents be on time to pick up their child. It is a long day, especially for the chaperones who donate their time to make this activity possible.
Mountain Creek in Vernon, NJ
Click here for a letter to Parents and Club Members from Mountain Creek
Click here for Important Credit Policy and Trip Information from Mountain Creek
We will be renting buses to take us to and from Mountain Creek.
You must purchase lift tickets, bring/rent your own equipment, and pay for the bus. Bus transportation will cost $100 for the 2015-2016 season.
No refunds can be made for single missed nights; once students purchase passes from the ski area, they are able to use the pass for whatever package (see attached) they chose. Passes may be used all season.
Please remember that the sport of skiing is inherently dangerous. Accidents do occur, but skiing under control and staying on slopes that match your ability can help you avoid most accidents. These trips are a lot of fun and a great way for students to begin skiing and/or snowboarding or to continue to improve their skiing/snowboarding skills.